Oct 8, 2017

Wed, Oct 8, 1947: buy them alive

"I'm so sleepy that my mind has slipped into a rut. The AmHist test is now prepared. Only constitution faces me. Making them out is fun; but I don't think that grading them will offe r much pleasure. How would you like to be my chief assistant paper-grader?  If we work together, maybe the time will go faster--and more pleasantly.
"The folks say that they can let us have some meet when butchering time comes; so perhaps I won't buy the half beef after all... It would be a lot more convenient for you to have some meet handy at all times. Even chicken is difficult to find here. Perhaps we could buy them alive."

--Letter from my father, Protection, Kans., to my mother, Winfield, Kans., Wednesday, October 8, 1947, evening.  Three typos in this typewritten letter per original.

No comments:

Post a Comment