Nov 23, 2017

Sun, Nov 23, 1947: Coldwater jail

"A surprising footnote to the career of one of my helpers on the senior play: Saturday afternoon Ralph Metzger landed in the Coldwater jail....As technical director -- in charge of lighting and sound effects--he was the hardest worker among the seniors.  He was my right hand man.
"King tells me that he was arrested for breaking into a store after the play.  His accomplice confessed everything before they picked Ralph up.  Previously the two had entered many stores & homes here in Protection.  Shortly before noon yesterday he had come up to the apartment to deliver Christmas cards which I had ordered through him.  Juvenile delinquency hits at home, too."

--Letter from my father, Protection, Kans., to my mother, Winfield, Kans., evening, Sunday, November 23, 1947.

No comments:

Post a Comment