Dec 26, 2016

Thu, Dec 26, 1946: New Year's Eve together

"Christmas is over.  The excitement caused by the Brown clan which assembled here yesterday has subsided.  Life at home is quite peaceful--with only nearly-empty candy boxes, a still-decorated Christmas tree, and a piece of wrapping paper around the living room to remind one of the merry holiday celebration staged by the Browns.  (Actually, Sooters, Kings, and Varners made up the guest list)....
"It would be nice if we could spend New Year's Eve together.  If you're planning to be there--and would appreciate my company--you might drop me a line at Seller's."

--Letter from my father, Bloomington, Kans., to my mother, [Hutchinson, Kans.], Thursday, December 26, 1946.  This is the first letter I have from my father to my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment