Oct 14, 2013

Thu, Oct 14, 1943: Kappa Rho sweater

"I suppose you have heard of the KK's plan for wearing the Kappa Rho sweater once a week to keep the old K.P. tradition alive.  The Pi Eps managed to get 5 4F's or student preachers back.  Do you know where Jerry Morral is?  He bought my sweater and I would kind of like to have it back."
-- Letter from Everett "Sammy" Samuelson, Camp White, Oreg., to my father, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Thursday,  October 14, 1943.  Sammy was my father's classmate at Southwestern College.  By this time, they were both in the military, but still interested in news about their college pep clubsStudent preachers and 4-F's (men judged not physically or mentally qualified) were exempt from the draft and the only male students on the campus at that time

No comments:

Post a Comment